Community Investment Program
Port Metro Vancouver is committed to being a good neighbour. Our jurisdiction covers nearly 600 kilometres of shoreline, bordering on 16 municipalities and one treaty First Nation and intersecting the traditional territories of several First Nations.
As we grow so too does our ability to support our neighbouring communities. Through our dynamic and broad-ranging community investment program, we dedicate up to one per cent of our net income to initiatives that matter to local communities. With our focus on three key pillars of Community Enrichment,
Education and Training
and Environmental Leadership, we believe these make the most difference in your community.
Three core pillars
2015 review meeting schedule
- February 11
- April 16
- June 17
- August 13
- October 15
- December 10
Please submit your application one (1) week prior to the scheduled meeting date.
With rare exceptions, Port Metro Vancouver does not support:
- Capital campaigns
- Political organizations or parties
- Lobbyist organizations
- Religious organizations (unless a program is open to and benefits people of all faiths)
- Individual projects
- Organizations already funded by Port Metro Vancouver through our United Way campaign
- Exclusive organizations that bar participation on the basis of race, religion, culture, gender or sexual orientation
- Professional athletes, sports and recreation programs
- Travel for organizations, service and/or students clubs, sports teams, etc.
- 100% of a project’s budget
- Requests to support activities outside of Canada
- Organizations not registered with the government as charitable or not-for-profit